Welcome to BRB, sweeties! It's so good to have you here. I'm not sure where you're reading this post from, but wherever it is in the world, I hope you're safe and happy. To begin my four day stint of Christmas posts I have a few recipes and funnies to lighten the mood. Funnies first, of course, because I'd hate to see you choke on your baked goods. :D
YOUTUBE: A funny video with dark humour!
I really loved the snowmen jokes. LOL Now for the recipes! I remember I posted my snowball recipe last year, but there are many others that my daughter and I love to bake for the holidays. Here are two you might like to try! Cheesecake is one of my favourites along with shortbread. Yum!
The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 15 minutes. In a saucepan, combine gelatin and water; let stand for 1 minute. Add milk; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add gelatin mixture and lemon peel; mix well. Chill until partially set. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour over crust. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours. Spread pie filling over gelatin layer. Top with remaining whipped topping.
Happy Yaoi Hunting!